Independent Voters For Change – CONGRESSIONAL REFORM ACT 2020
“CITIZEN RITES AND PROTECTIONS”
Congress shall pass legislation for securing Citizen and State rites and protections including:
(1) Securing Indian Nation Treaties from laws promoting corporate exploitation.
(2) Setting aside the Supreme Court Citizens United decision allowing corporations to finance (buy) our elections.
(3) Protecting the financially secure United States Postal Service from Congressional intervention favoring Wall Street privatization.
(4) Eliminating the use of corporate prisons.
(5) Converting Obama Care insurance company profiteering plan into a single payer addition to Medicare.
(6) Considering Trade Agreements Treaties requiring Congressional approval.
(7) Provide tariffs on all out of country manufactured goods to overcome the trade deficit and protect the American work force.
(8) Requiring Consumer protections to include full disclosure labeling including additions and modifications to products including GMO produced food.
(9) Confiscation of personal property shall be limited to major illegal drug offensives ending in conviction.
(10) City rights of eminent domain shall cease and desist.
(11) Federal and State Legislation protecting corporate interests from public torts for fracking damage to public water supplies and destabilization of grounds shall be set aside.
(12) Congress shall create legislation ending Executive Orders supporting government authorization for assignations, torture and illegal detainment of American citizens.
(13) The Fairness Doctrine shall be re-established and include cable networks affording rebuttal to government and political propaganda deceiving the American public.
(14) The over 800 military bases located within 160 foreign countries shall be reduced to 600 over the next 12 months and the savings returned to our bankrupt states to support infrastructure, schools and jobs. (Note – 1 out of 5 American children live in poverty – do we really need to be the worlds commercial police force.)
(15) No sitting President of member of Congress shall pass legislation against the peoples rights to bare arms to protect their property and their freedoms remembering that before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the whole body of the people are armed and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force at the command of Congress can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for only the people possess the power.
The population of the United States is 324,059,000. We actually have 5,100. gun related deaths in 2015 including:
65% of those deaths by suicide which would never be prevented by gun laws.
15% by law enforcement in the line of duty.
17% through criminal activity, gang and drug related or mentally ill persons
3% are accidental discharge deaths
25% of gun violence included:
480 homicides (9.4%) were in Chicago
344 homicides (6.7%) were in Baltimore
333 homicides (6.5%) were in Detroit
119 homicides (2.3%) were in Washington D.C.
All 4 of those cities have strict gun laws, so it is not the lack of law that is the root cause.
This leaves 3,825 for the entire rest of the nation (Average about 75 deaths per state). Some States have much higher rates than others. Example, California had 1,169 – and Alabama had 1.
All death is sad 5,100 deaths per year is horrific and thinking that criminals will obey gun laws is ludicrous. That’s why they are criminals.
But what about other deaths in 2015:
- 40,000+ drug overdose,
- 36,000 flu,
- 34,000 traffic fatalities,
- 589,430 cancer,
- 200,000+ (and growing) from preventable medical malpractice. You are now safer walking in a dark Chicago ally than being sick in a hospital!
- 710,000 heart disease.
In the grand scheme of things, why is the Wall Street controlled media focused on having the government remove our guns. The founders of our nation knew that regardless of the form of government, those in power may become corrupt (as now exists) and seek to rule as the British did by trying to disarm the populace of the colonies. It’s not difficult to understand that a disarmed populace is a controlled populace. It also brings into focus media promoting racial tensions as excuse for disarmament, why our Army is running Marshall Law exercises in Texas, why the Possi Comotas Act that prevented our military from killing American citizens has been rescinded, why spying on all American citizens exists and why the CIA clandestine operations (murder and torture) can now operate within our country.
My fellow Americans, their is no difference between a Democrat thief or a Republican thief and it’s time we start our revolution by voting out of office every member of the House of Representatives every two years.
Congressional Reform Act 2020
INDEPENDENT VOTERS FOR CHANGE
Changing the way Congress conducts business